- France and Russia: Ten Centuries Together17.09.2021 - 09.01.2022The display dedicated to the centuries-old history of Russian-French relations includes more than 200 pieces, among which are archival documents, personal belongings of the heads of state, diplomatic gifts and works of art. Throughout centuries they have been carefully kept by the museums, archives, libraries of both countries and above all by the royal treasury â the Armoury Chamber of the Moscow Kremlin.
- Suprematism Vision: Space Motifs in the Graphic Works and Jewellery Designs of Nadia LĂ©ger09.04.2021 - 01.09.2021The exhibition in the Anteroom of the Armoury Chamber celebrates the 60th Anniversary of the first in the human history space flight of Yuri Gagarin. It is dedicated to the art of Nadia LĂ©ger (1904-1982), a famous artist of the 20th century, a bright representative of the Parisian art school.
- Decline of the Dynasty: The Last Rurikids and the False Dmitry06.04.2021 - 25.07.2021From its origin up to the end of the 16th century, Russian statehood was inextricably bound to the dynastic history of the Rurikids (or Rurik dynasty). Princes, Great Princes and Tsars â the descents of the semi-legendary Rurik â had been governing Russian lands for more than seven centuries.
- Carl FabergĂ© & Feodor RĂŒckert. Masterpieces of Russian Enamel09.10.2020 - 14.02.2021The exhibition presents about four hundred masterpieces made by Russian jewellery firms of the 19th â early 20th century of precious metal and covered with enamel now kept in state and private collections of Russia and the United Kingdom.
- Military awards of Russia. In Commemoration of the 75th Anniversary of Victory in the Second World War03.07.2020 - 02.12.2020The exhibition is dedicated to military awards from the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums â orders that were awarded for valour on the battlefields, for military leadership talent, for bravery and courage in battle. The orders and medals on display demonstrate the continuity of the award policy at different stages of Russian state development.
- Peter the Great. Collector, Scholar, Artist30.11.2019 - 08.03.2020The epoch of Peter the Great is usually associated in collective consciousness with colossal reforms in the administrative sphere, birth of the regular army and navy, victories in the Great Northern War and transformation of the Russian society lifestyle.
- M.T.Kalashnikov and the Armoury Chamber. 100th Anniversary of the Designer06.12.2019 - 19.12.2019The exhibition is dedicated to the 100th Jubilee of the world-famous weapons designer â M.T. Kalashnikov (10.11.1919 - 23.12.2013). The displayed items trace the creative development of the eminent engineer. M.T. Kalashnikov was a Great Patriotic War veteran; it was right in the war field when his inventive talent was revealed for the first time.
- Treasures from the Palace Museum: The Flourishing of China in the 18th Century15.03.2019 - 30.05.2019The Moscow Kremlin Museums present pieces from the collection of the Beijing Palace Museum (Gugong). The display will be dedicated mainly to the Qianlong Emperor (1736â1796), to important milestones in his life, as well as to court ceremonial in the Qing period. This project is the first part of the bilateral cultural initiative between Russia and China. Then, from the 8th of August 2019, the Palace Museum (Gugong) will host an exhibition âRussian Court Ceremonyâ from the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums
- BVLGARI. Tribute to Femininity. Magnificent Roman Jewels07.09.2018 - 13.01.2019For the first time in Russia, the Moscow Kremlin Museums will hold a retrospective exhibition, presenting pieces of high jewellery art by world-known Italian Maison BVLGARI, which history dates back more than a hundred and thirty years. Over four hundred unique pieces of high-end jewellery from the BVLGARI Heritage Collection, as well as pieces from the private collections from around the globe, will be on display at two exhibition halls of the Kremlin museums â the Exhibition Hall of the Assumption Belfry and the Exhibition Hall of the Patriarchâs Palace.
- Ming Dynasty: The Radiance of Knowledge17.04.2018 - 25.07.2018It will be the first time when the collection of the Shanghai Museum will be demonstrated in the Moscow Kremlin Museums. The exhibition is dedicated to the Ming dynasty epoch (1368â1644), one of the most vivid pages in the wealthiest heritage of China. Experts call that period â the "extension of knowledge", as the interest in art, literature and music, intimate knowledge of philosophical and historical tractates becomes a real cult. This very body of knowledge and interests is known as âscholarshipâ in China.
- Lords of the Ocean. Treasures of the Portuguese Empire of the 16th-18th centuries08.12.2017 - 25.02.2018More than two hundred artifacts from museums and private collections in Portugal, Russia and other countries will help to demonstrate, on the one hand, the magnificence of the Portuguese court, the traditions of Portuguese navigation, science and culture. On the other hand, they will present vivid evidence of mutual influence and cultural exchange between the metropolitan power and its dominions in India, China, Japan, Africa and Brazil
- Beyond Imagination. Treasures of Imperial Japan from the Khalili Collection, 19th to early 20th century05.07.2017 - 01.10.2017In July 2017 the Moscow Kremlin Museums will open the exhibition presenting Japanese applied and decorative art of the 19th to early 20th century from the private collection of a world-famous British scientist, collector and philanthropist of Iranian origin Professor Nasser David Khalili. A variety of world famous Japanese kimono, unsurpassed samples of silk embroidery, porcelain, metal and enamel artworks in all its glory will be on display. Most of them were created by craftsmen-official suppliers of the Japanese Imperial court.
- Saint Louis and Relics of the Sainte-Chapelle03.03.2017 - 04.06.2017The Moscow Kremlin Museums present an exhibition introducing the greatest achievements of medieval culture of France to the Russian audience. This joint international project of the Moscow Kremlin Museums and the Centre des monuments nationaux of France supported by the French Embassy will become the main event of the Russia-France Year of Cultural Tourism.
- PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION âTHE MOCOW KREMLIN THROUGH THE ARTILLERY FIRE OF 1917â18.04.2017 - 20.04.2017The photographic exhibition is organized in the framework of an annual research-to-practice Conference 'Museum Libraries in Contemporary Society', dedicated to the centenary of the 1917 Revolution.
- ELEGANCE AND SPLENDOUR OF ART DECO. The Kyoto Costume Institute, Jewelry Houses Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels30.09.2016 - 11.01.2017The Moscow Kremlin Museums introduce an exhibition âElegance and Splendour of Art Deco. The Kyoto Costume Institute, Jewelry Houses Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpelsâ. It will be the first time when the collection of womenâs clothing by haute couture European houses of the Art Deco period from the Kyoto Costume Institute (Japan) will be demonstrated in Russia.
- Boris Godunov. From a Courtier to the Sovereign of All Russia16.10.2015 - 31.01.2016For the first time, the exhibition held in the Assumption Belfry and the One-Pillar Chamber of the Patriarchâs Palace of the Moscow Kremlin is dedicated to one of the greatest figures in the Russian history â Boris Godunov. He was a man of marked individuality, whose amazing and tragic life has been attracting historians and litterateurs for a long time. The sovereignâs image is depicted in various works of art, music and drama.
- European Orders of Knighthood24.04.2015 - 30.08.2015This exhibition presents insignia of European Orders of Knighthood, from the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums, from the prominent private collection of Andrei Khazin and pieces of insignia of the Order of the Garter from the Royal Collectionbestowed upon Emperor Alexander II. The other contributors to thisproject are the Archives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Empire (now a part of the Archives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation) which is lending rare documentsandthe State Historical Museum which is lendingportraits of members of the Russian Imperial Family.
- Memory of the Victory. Awards of World War II08.04.2015 - 24.06.2015The exhibition in the Front hall of the Armoury Chamber, dedicated to the 70th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, represents orders and medals of the USSR from the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums. The awards were conferred on soldiers, seamen and officers for outstanding heroism, generals and admirals - for skillful generalship, and rear workers for selfless labour during the Great Patriotic War.
- Map of Russia. Milestones in history23.12.2014 - 15.03.2015The Moscow Kremlin Museums hosts a historical exhibition to reveal the phenomenon of Russia as the largest state in the world, which has been preserving its status since the late XVIIth century. The exposition incorporates remarkable masterpieces of the XIVthâearly XXth centuries, which are to present the history of the development of Russia, full of dramatic events, wars, dynastic and political collisions, outstanding achievements in various fields.
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Manifest of the New Style05.09.2014 - 09.11.2014The Moscow Kremlin Museums introduce to the Russian public the oeuvre of Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1868â1928) â an outstanding Scottish architect, painter and designer. Having graduated the Glasgow School of Art, Mackintosh with time became one of the most significant epresentatives of Art Nouveau in British architecture. His works had a serious impact on the development of European architecture and design throughout the XXth century.
- India. Jewels that Enchanted the World12.04.2014 - 27.07.2014Some three hundred resplendent masterpieces of jewelry of the sixteenth- to twentieth-century from many museum and private collections of Europe, Asia, and the United States are brought together to showcase the range and variety of cultural traditions of India's jewelry-making art.
- Alexander I â Empires' Restorer08.09.2021 - 09.01.2022Chelyabinsk, The State Museum of the South Ural HistoryThe Moscow Kremlin Museums present an exhibition dedicated to Emperor Alexander I in the State Museum of the South Ural History. His name is inseparably bound with the victory of Russia in the Patriotic War of 1812, the establishment of lasting peace on the European continent, and the transformation of the Armory Chamber into a unique museum.
- Magnificent Age of Catherine the Great. Court Jewellery Art of the Second Half of the 18th Century03.09.2021 - 13.12.2021Krasnodar State Historical Archaeological Museum and Heritage Site named after E.D. FeltsinThat is the first exhibition project of the Moscow Kremlin Museums in the Krasnodar region. On display are unique pieces from the museum collection created by the best Western European, Russian and Oriental jewellers.
- Cavalry Escorts of Russia from the 16th century to Present Day22.07.2021 - 18.10.2021Tsarskoe Selo State Museum and Heritage SiteThe Moscow Kremlin Museums takes part in the exhibition devoted to cavalry escort units and divisions that used to accompany Russian tsars and emperors, as well as the modern Cavalry Honor Guard of the Presidential Regiment of the Moscow Kremlin Commandant Service of the Russian Federation Federal Guard Service.
- The House of Romanovs: From Tsar to Emperor. From the Collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums19.05.2021 - 26.09.2021Vladivostok city, Vladimir K. Arseniev Museum of Far East HistoryThe exhibition shows one of the most vivid periods in Russian history â early 17th - first quarter of the 18th century â the time of the new dynasty formation, overcome the consequences of the Time of Troubles, the economic development of the state, and Russiaâs turning into a mighty and high-powered nation.
- For Service and Bravery. 250th Anniversary of the Military Order of St George06.12.2019 - 06.04.2020Moscow, State Historical MuseumThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition at the State Historical Museum, giving on loan the unique pieces from the Museumsâ collection. Among them are commemorative Badges of the Order of St George, "chapter samples" (etalon insignia made by jewellers-official suppliers of the Chapter of Russian Imperial and Tsarist Orders), Badge of the Order of the 1st class, the one presented to Emperor Alexander I by the Council of the Order, as well as the 1913 Statute of the Order, i.e. an original document, signed by Emperor Nicholas II, and the seal of the Order.
- Masterpieces of Tula Armourers18.12.2020 - 30.05.2021Tula, Tula State Museum of Arms and ArmourThe Moscow Kremlin Museums take part in the exhibition dedicated to the most significant and exemplary works in terms of design and decoration made by Tula armourers representing this art most vividly and diversely.
- For Service and Bravery: Russian Awards04.10.2019 - 21.01.2020Vladivostok City, Arseniev State Museum of Primorsky RegionThe Moscow Kremlin Museums present the exhibition 'For Service and Bravery: Russian Awards' at the Arseniev State Museum of Primorsky Region. The first part of the exhibitionâs title resembles the motto of the Order of St George which commemorates its 250th Anniversary this year.
- Masterpieces of the Kremlin Workshops19.10.2019 - 19.01.2020Perm City, Perm State Art GalleryThe exhibition âMasterpieces of the Kremlin Workshopsâ organized at Perm State Art Gallery explores the phenomenon of court workshops, which played a significant role in cultural and artistic life in 17th-century Russia. Unique objects from the Moscow Kremlin Museumsâ collection familiarize visitors with manifold activities of the Kremlin workshops, covering nearly all the aspects of court life.
- Oriental Treasures in the Moscow Kremlin Museumsâ Collection23.10.2020 - 07.02.2021Chelyabinsk, State Historical Museum of the Southern UralsThe collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums contains unique art pieces reflecting the centuries-old history of relations between Russia and Oriental countries. Among them are State regalia, ceremonial weapons, magnificent horse harness, pieces made of gold and precious stones, luxurious fabrics, works of stone-carving art, presented in the 16th-19th centuries as diplomatic gifts or purchased for royal use.
- Order "Victory" of Marshal Tolbukhin10.12.2020 - 27.12.2020Yaroslavl State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum and Heritage SiteIt is for the first time that the Moscow Kremlin Museums present Marshal F.I. Tolbukhin's Order "Victory" at the memorial exhibition dedicated to one single monument in Yaroslavl State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum and Heritage Site.
- Heirs to the Russian Throne. From Birth to Enthronement06.09.2019 - 08.12.2019Chelyabinsk CityThe exhibition at the State Historical Museum of the Southern Urals in Chelyabinsk is a part of the bilateral cultural initiative between the Moscow Kremlin Museums and the Government of the Chelyabinsk Region. It is dedicated to childbirth and childrearing in the family of the Russian sovereigns in the 16th-17th centuries.
- A Meeting with the Past10.12.2020 - 20.12.2020The Moscow Kremlin Museums take part in the exhibition dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of the Sergiev Posad State Historical and Art Museum and Heritage Site. For the first time, a single exhibition space will feature rare works of church art from the funds of the Sergiev Posad Museum and art pieces originating from the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra, at present carefully preserved in the storages of a number of Russian museums.
- Direction â East. Evacuation of the Moscow Armoryâs Treasures to Sverdlovsk. 75th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, 1941-194521.08.2020 - 23.11.2020Stone Carving and Jewellery History Museum, Yekaterinburg"Direction â East. Evacuation of the Moscow Armoryâs Treasures to Sverdlovsk. 75th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, 1941-1945" exhibition is dedicated to the history of saving the Kremlin treasures during the Great Patriotic War.
- For Service and Bravery. In Commemoration of the 250th Anniversary of the Order of St George10.07.2019 - 13.10.2019Moscow, Palace of Tsar Alexey Mikhailovich, Grand Exhibition HallThe display at the Palace in Kolomenskoye continues the series of projects dedicated to the 250th Anniversary of the Order of St George the Victorious, which was founded by Empress Catherine the Great in 1769. Twenty-seven objects from the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums complement the exposition.
- In Honour of the Bravest of the Brave11.04.2019 - 16.06.2019Moscow, Exhibition hall of the Federal ArchivesThe Moscow Kremlin Museums take part in the exhibition organised by the Russian State Archive for Military History to commemorate a remarkable date in the history of Russiaâthe 250th Anniversary of the Military Order of St George, which was founded by Empress Catherine the Great in 1769.
- Arsenal of the Russian Tsars and Emperors17.12.2018 - 10.03.2019Ufa CityThe Bashkir State Art Museum of M.V. Nesterov in Ufa was chosen as a venue for an exhibition aimed at reflecting an exceptional variety, memorial value and riches of the arms and armour collection of the Russian monarchs, preserved in the Moscow Kremlin Museums.
- Russian Royal and Imperial Hunting in the 17thâ18th Centuries. From The Moscow Kremlin Museums' Collection19.10.2018 - 27.01.2019Chelyabinsk CityThe "Russian Royal and Imperial Hunting in the 17thâ18th Centuries. From The Moscow Kremlin Museums' Collection" exhibition held at the State Historical Museum of the Southern Urals in Chelyabinsk City is organized within the frame of the cooperation with the Government of the Chelyabinsk Region. This display is dedicated to Tsarâs and Imperial hunting, one of the most vivid phenomena of the court culture.
- Iron and Courage. Anniversary of the Truce of Deulino10.10.2018 - 12.12.2018Sergiyev Posad CityThe exhibition âIron and Courage. Anniversary of the Truce of Deulinoâ initiated by the Sergiyev Posad State Museum and Heritage Site commemorates the date when the Truce of Deulino was signed between the PolishâLithuanian Commonwealth and the Tsardom of Russia in 1618.
- Map of Russia. Milestones in History.12.09.2018 - 15.01.2019Vladivostok CityThe V. K. Arseniev State Museum in Vladivostok hosts an exhibition presenting the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums, dedicated to the phenomenon of Russia as the largest state in the world, which has been preserving its status for more than three hundred years.
- The Moscow KremlinâSymbol of Russia07.09.2018 - 05.11.2018Nizhny Novgorod CityThe exhibition at the State Historical and Architectural Museum and Heritage Site of Nizhny Novgorod is timed to the Moscow Days in Nizhny Novgorod. It will be a part of a grand culture festival that is to be held by the decision of the governments of Moscow City and Nizhny Novgorod Region.
- Catherine the Great in Russia and Beyond15.02.2018 - 30.05.2018Saint PetersburgThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition held at the State Russian Museum, that offers a perspective on how Russian internal and geopolitical transformations, related to the reign of Empress Catherine the Great, were reflected in art.
- Romanovs and the Holy See: 1613-1917. Russia and the Vatican14.12.2017 - 18.02.2018Moscow, Exhibition Hall of the Federal ArchivesThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition dedicated to the centuries-old history of the relations between Russia and the Holy See. On display are about 250 exhibits and archive documents from the leading museums and archives of Russia.
- Flame and Bliss of the East. Turkish Theme in the Russian Culture 1760-184011.10.2017 - 26.01.2018State Historical, Architectural, Art and Landscape Museum and Heritage Site âTsaritsynoâ, MoscowThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition organized in the Bread House of the âTsaritsynoâ Museum and Heritage Site. The display is dedicated to one of the movements in orientalismââTurkish styleâ (turquerie) in the Russian art. The layout includes more than 500 rare pieces of art from the collections of the leading Russian museums, libraries and private collections, which are mostly presented to the public for the first time.
- Patrons of Seafarers, Heavenly and Earthly08.09.2017 - 14.01.2018KaliningradThe Moscow Kremlin Museums in the framework of a joint programme with PJSC LUKOIL created an exhibition dedicated to both Supreme and Royal patronage of seafaring and seafarers, especially for the Museum of the World Ocean in Kaliningrad. Over a hundred unique items of the 15th to the early 19th century from the Moscow Kremlin Museumsâ collection will be on display. The display is remarkable for a substantial variety of piecesâicons, tapestry portraits of the emperors, awards, cold arms, precious vessels, medals, coins, watches, snuffboxes, calipers, inkstands as well as blankholders from the cabinet of Emperor Alexander I.
- Russian Royal and Imperial Hunting in the 17thâ18th Centuries. From The Moscow Kremlin Museums' Collection08.09.2017 - 08.09.2017SlekhardThe "Russian Royal and Imperial Hunting in the 17thâ18th Centuries. From The Moscow Kremlin Museums' Collection" exhibition held at the Shemanovskiy Yamal-Nenets District Museum and Exhibition Complex is dedicated to hunting, one of the most popular entertainments of the Russian tsars and emperors. It was an important part of the court ceremonial, aimed at demonstrating the sovereign's splendour and majesty, authority and power to his subjects and foreign guests.
- Falconry. Royal Entertainment28.07.2017 - 14.01.2018MoscowThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the display held at the exhibition halls of the Sytny Yard of the Moscow State Integrated Museum, dedicated to falconry â the object of cultural heritage of mankind and a significant part of world environmental culture. This project, aimed at enlightening the ecological, historical and cultural spheres, is organized within the Year of Ecology 2017.
- The Era of Metropolitan Macarius. For the Days of Slavonic Literature and Culture20.06.2017 - 11.09.2017MoscowThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition at the State Historical Museum, dedicated to the large-scale activity of Metropolitan of Moscow and All Russia Macarius. He was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church in 1988. It is Metropolitan Macarius who is associated with one of the most flourishing periods of Russian medieval culture. The basis of the exhibition is icons, manuscripts, arts and crafts pieces, as well as small statuary from the collection of the State Historical Museum.
- Carl FabergĂ© and Alexey Denisov-Uralsky08.06.2017 - 08.09.2017Stone Carving and Jewellery History Museum, YekaterinburgThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition held at the Stone Carving and Jewellery History Museum in Yekaterinburg, which marks the 25th Anniversary of the Museum. Chamber and refined exposition is dedicated to the art of Russian jewellers and stone-carvers of the 19th â early 20th century, which is admired by worldwide.
- Photography exhibition from the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums29.05.2017 - 31.08.2017Izborsk CityThe exhibition of photographs from the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums held at the State Historical, Architectural and Natural-Landscape Open-Air Museum âIzborskâ is organized within the framework of the International Conference âDialogue Fort Rossâ.
- âIt is Quiet in ShipkaâŠâ For the 140th Anniversary of the Russian-Turkish War of 1877-187826.05.2017 - 04.09.2017MoscowThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition at the State Historical Museum, dedicated to the 140th Anniversary of the Russian-Turkish War for the liberation of Bulgaria, and give on loan a unique exhibit â cavalry sabre and scabbard. It belonged to Russian General Field Marshal â Iosif Vladimirovich Romeyko-Gourko, prominent hero of that war.
- From the Dinner-Service Storerooms. Decorating the Russian Imperial Table in the Eighteenth to Early Twentieth Century08.12.2016 - 20.03.2017Saint Petersburg, the State Hermitage MuseumThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition held at the State Hermitage Museum dedicated to the festive decoration of the imperial table during receptions at imperial residences and Grand Dukesâ palaces.
- Georg Christoph Grooth and the Time of Elizabeth Petrovna02.12.2016 - 31.03.2017Saint PetersburgThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition at the State Russian Museum dedicated to Empress Elizabeth Petrovnaâs reign â the epoch when Russian culture flourished. The new ideas, such as collecting the art pieces penetrated into Russian culture in the 18th century owing to Peter the Great and continued expanding and achieved high development level during his daughterâs reign.
- Russian Royal and Imperial Hunting. From The Moscow Kremlin Museumsâ Collection25.11.2016 - 28.05.2017TulaThe âRussian Royal and Imperial Hunting. From The Moscow Kremlin Museumsâ Collectionâ exhibition is dedicated to hunting, one of the most popular entertainments of Russian tsars and emperors. It was an important part of the court ceremonial, aimed at demonstrating the sovereignâs splendour and majesty, authority and power to his subjects and foreign guests.
- Exhibit of the Month03.11.2016 - 05.12.2016Moscow, State Historical MuseumThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the âExhibit of the Monthâ series of exhibitions of the State Historical Museum, and present an item of historical importance from the The Stables Treasury â a saddle with stirrups, which belonged to Prince Dmitry Ivanovich Pozharsky, a national hero of the war with polish invaders in 1612.
- Fascination of Reality. Dutch Burgher House Interior of the 17th Century11.10.2016 - 10.01.2017MoscowThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the exhibition âFascination of Reality.Dutch Burgher House Interior of the 17th Centuryâ which will be held at The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts. The exhibition is dedicated to the burghersâ house and its special role in life and culture in the 17th century Holland. On display are paintings by masters of the Dutch Golden Age, gold, silver, porcelain and glass artworks, as well as pieces of furniture â as all these things were an essential part of a burghersâ house and object of their ownersâ passion and vanity.
- For Labors and Homeland. Awards of Russia09.09.2016 - 14.11.2016SamaraThe exhibition held at the Samara Art Museum is one of the results of an effective cooperation between the Moscow Kremlin Museums and PJSC LUKOIL. Thanks to this tradition, a number of exhibitions, cultural and educational projects were organized across Russia.
- Royal Games. Late Renaissance Western European Arms and Armour from the Collection of the Historical Museum14.06.2016 - 17.10.2016MoscowThe Moscow Kremlin Museums are one of the participants in the exhibition of Western European arms and armour, organized by the State Historical Museum. The exhibition is based on unique pieces made in the traditions of the Late Renaissance and Mannerism. On display are high-class artworks created by gunsmiths as individual orders either of Habsburg Imperial court or of Dresden and Brunswick, as well as those executed by makers of the largest centers of crafts, i.e. Augsburg and Nuremberg. The pieces allow visitors both to admire the craftsmanship of the 16th and 17th century armourers and to get the idea of the tastes of the customers.
- Moscow, the Holy Land of Grand Duke Sergey Alexandrovich and Grand Duchess Elizaveta Fyodorovna02.11.2015 - 22.02.2016The Moscow Kremlin Museums are participating in the exhibition of the State Historical Museum dedicated to two outstanding figures in Russian history: Grand Duke Sergey Alexandrovich, the founder of the Imperial Orthodox Palestine Society, Governor General of Moscow, collector and patron, and his spouse Grand Duchess Elizaveta Fyodorovna, the founder of Saints Martha and Mary Convent of Mercy in Moscow.
- Hunt at the Russian court. From the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums03.10.2015 - 29.11.2015The âHunt at the Russian court. From the collection of Moscow Kremlin Museumsâ exhibition is dedicated to hunting, one of the most popular entertainments of Russian Tsars and Emperors. Hunt was an important part of the court ceremonial, aimed at demonstrating the sovereignâs splendor, majesty, authority and power to his subjects and foreign guests.
- The Baptizer of Rus24.06.2015 - 12.10.2015Moscow, The State Historical MuseumThe Moscow Kremlin museums take part in the exhibition of the State Historical Museum, organized among the events carried out to the memory of Saint Prince Vladimir Equal-to-the-Apostles on the eve of the public memorable date, the Baptism Day of Rus.
- Grandeur of the Russian Empire. From the Moscow Kremlin Museumsâ collection25.06.2015 - 13.09.2015Saint-Petersburg, The State Russian Museum, St. Michael's CastleThe exhibition in the Radishchev State Museum of Art is dedicated to the unique period of the Russian history which took almost 200 years. More than 170 masterpieces of Russian, West European and Eastern work of the XVIIIth â XIXth centuries are demonstrated there.
- Hunt at the Royal court. From the collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums11.12.2014 - 15.02.2015Vladimir, The Vladimir and Suzdal State historical, architectural and art museum-reserveThe exhibition in Vladimir continues the tradition of displaying masterpieces from the Moscow Kremlin Museums. It presents the famous collection of weapons and equipment, used during hunting ceremonies at the Russian royal court.
- One masterpiece on display "The preserved relic - sakkos of Metropolitan Alexius of Moscow"05.12.2014 - 09.12.2014Saint-Petersburg, State Hermitage MuseumOne of the precious masterpieces of the Russian embroidery - the sakkos of Metropolitan Alexius of Moscow - is on loan to the State Hermitage Museum, Saint-Petersburg, from the Moscow Kremlin
- Exhibition of authentic artworks, acquired by the Russian Ministry of Culture in 201303.06.2014 - 09.06.2014Moscow, Central Exhibition Hall ManegeThe Moscow Kremlin Museums take part in the exhibition project carried out to accompany the international festival Â«INTERMUSEUM 2014Â» which is to be held in the Central Exhibition Hall Manege (Moscow Manege) from the 3rd to 9th of June, 2014. The exposition incorporates recent acquisitions of the Russian Ministry of Culture intended for museumsâ collection of the Russian state.
- Five centuries of arms-making in Russia. From the Moscow Kremlin Museums` collection29.05.2014 - 21.09.2014Tula, Tula State Arms MuseumThe exhibition in the Tula State Arms Museum presents masterpieces of arms and armour production from the most valuable Armoury collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums
- Russian Court Ceremony29.08.2019 - 08.11.2019China, Beijing, Palace Museum (Gugong)The exhibition âRussian Court Ceremonyâ is a part of the bilateral cultural project realized by two world-known museums âthe Palace Museum (Beijing) and the Moscow Kremlin Museums. It is dedicated to the 70th Anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and China celebrated this year.
- The Last Tsar: Blood and Revolution21.09.2018 - 24.03.2019Science Museum, London, Great BritainThe Moscow Kremlin Museums participate in the international exhibition at the Science Museum in London, which marks 100 years since the imperial family was executed by shooting. The exhibition is intended to explore the role of medicine and science in the lives of the Russian Emperor and his relatives both during their lifetimes and after their tragic deathsâthe investigation into the circumstances.
- 1565 â The Great Siege of Malta05.09.2015 - 06.12.2015The Grand Masterâs Palace, Valletta, MaltaThe Moscow Kremlin Museums take part in the international exhibition, to be held in the Grand Masterâs Palace in Valletta, Malta, along with the events commemorating the 450th anniversary of the Great Siege of Malta of 1565.
- The Armoury Treasury of the Russian Sovereigns04.07.2015 - 10.10.2015PRC, Shanghai, The Shanghai MuseumThe exhibition âThe Armoury Treasury of the Russian Sovereignsâ begins a new chapter in the cultural cooperation between Russia and China, familiarizing the Chinese audience and all the visitors of the beautiful Shanghai Museum with the Armoury treasury of the Russian sovereigns of the XVIIth â XVIIIth centuries.
- History of the Order of Saint Stephen of Hungary05.05.2014 - 31.08.2014Hungary, Budapest, Hungarian National Museum, Jozsef Nador HallsThe Moscow Kremlin Museums take part in exhibition project carried out by the Hungarian National Museum to mark the 250th jubilee of the foundation of the Order of Saint Stephen of Hungary
- Tsars and the East. Gifts from Turkey and Iran in the Moscow Kremlin27.02.2014 - 18.05.2014Portugal, Lisbon, Calouste Gulbenkian MuseumThe exhibition being held in Calouste Gulbenkian Museum, Portugal, Lisbon, explores the history of close diplomatic and cultural relations between the Russian State and Iran of the Safavid period and Ottoman Turkey throughout XVIth-XVIIth centuries.
- The World of Faberge17.02.2014 - 18.05.2014Austria, Vienna, Kunsthistorisches museumThe exhibition project being carried out in Austria, Kunsthistorisches museum of Vienna explores the life and oeuvre of the renowned jeweler Carl FabergĂ© as well as artworks by other Russian remarkable artists of the late XIXthâearly XXth century.
The exhibition 'THE HOUSE OF ROMANOVS: FROM TSAR TO EMPEROR. From the Collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums' opened in VladivostokOn 18 May 2021, the exhibition 'The House of Romanovs: From Tsar to Emperor. From the Collection of the Moscow Kremlin Museums' opened in the main building of the Museum of Far East History (Vladivostok city).
Suprematism Jewellery Designs by Nadia LĂ©ger â an exhibition launched by the Moscow Kremlin MuseumsOn 8 April 2021, the Moscow Kremlin Museums held a ceremonial opening of the exhibition Suprematism Vision: Space Motifs in the Graphic Works and Jewellery Designs of Nadia LĂ©ger, commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the world-first manned space flight.
Russian Bone Carving Artworks of the 18th-19th Centuries. Gift of the Karisalov FamilyOn 4 February 2021, the ceremonial opening of the exhibition Russian Bone Carving Artworks of the 18th-19th Centuries. Gift of the Karisalov Family took place at the anteroom of the Armory Chamber. The exhibition presents a part of artworks donated to the museum from the Karisalov family collection, revealing the diversity of bone carving art in Russia in the 18th-19th centuries.
"Carl FabergĂ© & Feodor RĂŒckert. Masterpieces of Russian Enamel" Exhibition Opening8 October 2020, the ceremonial opening of the exhibition âCarl FabergĂ© & Feodor RĂŒckert. Masterpieces of Russian Enamelâ took place at the Assumption Belfry. The exhibition presents about five hundred masterpieces made by Russian jewellery firms of the 19th â early 20th century of precious metal and covered with enamel, now kept in state and private collections of Russia and the United Kingdom.
'Peter the Great. Collector, Scholar, Artist' Exhibition OpeningOn 29 November 2019, the ceremonial opening of the exhibition 'Peter the Great. Collector, Scholar, Artist' took place at the Moscow Kremlin Museums.
'Guardians of Time. Conservation at the Moscow Kremlin Museums' Exhibition OpeningExhibition opening ceremony took place at the Exhibition hall of the Assumption Belfry. Guests of the vernissage could appreciate unique pieces restored mainly over the last five years â State regalia, objects which belonged to the monarchs, ceremonial arms, ancient icons and magnificent jewels. Many of those had been kept in museum store-rooms for a long time and now presented to the public for the first time.
'Treasures from the Palace Museum: The Flourishing of China in the 18th Century' Exhibition Opening CeremonyOn 14 March 2019, the 'Treasures from the Palace Museum: The Flourishing of China in the 18th Century' exhibition opening ceremony took place at the Assumption Cathedral. This display is the first part of the cultural exchange project between Russia and China.
'BVLGARI. Tribute to Femininity. Magnificent Roman Jewels' Exhibition OpeningOn 6 September 2018, âBVLGARI. Tribute to Femininity. Magnificent Roman Jewelsâ exhibition opening ceremony took place at the Cathedral Square of the Moscow Kremlin. This retrospective exhibition project present pieces of high jewellery art by the world-known Italian Maison BVLGARI, which history dates back over a hundred and thirty years.
"MING DYNASTY: THE RADIANCE OF KNOWLEDGE" EXHIBITION OPENING AT THE MOSCOW KREMLIN MUSEUMSOn 16 April 2018, a vernissage of the exhibition âMing Dynasty: The Radiance of Knowledgeâ took place in the exhibition halls of the Museum. This large-scale exhibition project carries on the tradition of collaboration between the Moscow Kremlin Museums and the Shanghai Museum, which originated in 2012.
'Lords of the Ocean. Treasures of the Portuguese Empire of the 16th-18th centuries' Exhibition OpeningOn 7 December 2017, âLords of the Ocean. Treasures of the Portuguese Empire of the 16th-18th centuriesâ Exhibition Opening ceremony took place at the Moscow Kremlin Museums.
'Treasures of Imperial Japan from the Khalili Collection, 19th to early 20th century' Exhibition OpeningOn 4th of July 2017, 'Beyond Imagination: Treasures of Imperial Japan from the Khalili Collection, 19th to early 20th century' Exhibition Opening ceremony took place in the exhibition hall of the Assumption Belfry. The Moscow Kremlin Museums presents items from a unique collectionfounded in the 1970s by a world-famous British scientist, collector and philanthropist Professor Nasser David Khalili. The objects of amazing beauty are not only shown in Russia for the first time, but also have never been introduced to wide audience before.
`SAINT LOUIS AND RELICS OF THE SAINTE-CHAPELLE` EXHIBITION OPENING AT THE MOSCOW KREMLIN MUSEUMSOn the 2nd of March 2017, âSAINT LOUIS AND RELICS OF THE SAINTE-CHAPELLEâ Exhibition Opening ceremony took place in the exhibition hall of the Patriarchâs Palace. This joint international project of the Moscow Kremlin Museums and the Center for National Monuments (France) supported by the French Embassy is a significant event of the Russia-France Year of Cultural Tourism.
"Elegance and Splendour of Art Deco. The Kyoto Costume Institute, Jewelry Houses Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels"On 30 September 2016, âElegance and Splendour of Art Deco. The Kyoto Costume Institute, Jewelry Houses Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpelsâ Exhibition Opening ceremony took place in the One-Pillar Chamber of the Patriarchâs Palace.
Vasily Konovalenko: A Sculptor of GemsMay 31, 2016 "Vasily Konovalenko: A Sculptor of Gems" Exhibition Opening ceremony took place in the One-Pillar Chamber of the Patriarchâs Palace.
Boris Godunov. From a Courtier to the Sovereign of All Russia14 October 2015 - "Boris Godunov. From a courtier to the Sovereign of All Russia" Exhibition Opening ceremony took place at the Moscow Kremlin Museums. The Moscow Kremlin Museums for the first time turn to the personality of Boris Godunov, one of the most controversial historical figures, whose name has been associated with many myths and legends for centuries.
- Visit to the Armoury Chamber of the second half of the XIXth centuryYou are welcome to make a visit to a new virtual exhibition "Visit to the Armoury Chamber of the second half of the XIXth century", created on the basis of the unique photographs of incalculable value. The visitors are to see a vivid illustration of the Armoury exposition and its precious items, executed by remarkable makers in the second half of the XIXth century and preserved in the Moscow Kremlin Museums.
- Regalia of Russian TsarsThe "Regalia of Russian Tsars" is a virtual exhibition of the exhibition series, linked to the Russian Romanov House. The first exhibition of the series is "Arsenal of Russian Tsars" (at the moment it is available in the Russian language). The present exhibition includes three info sections and two subject catalogues.
- Precious tableware of Old RusYou are welcome to make a visit to a virtual exhibition, dedicated to a theme of the Russian tableware and tradition of table setting and serving. The display, based on articles from the Moscow Kremlin Museums' collection, reveals main types of utensils which were widespread in everyday life of Russian people and Royal family in the XVIth-XVIIth centuries. Each article will impress you with a beauty of their materials and delicate workmanship.
- The world of ChildhoodChildhood is the major period in human development. It is the time when the character, habits, outlook, taste and other individual peculiarities of a child are intensively formed. In childhood we learn the world around us by exploring different things, which constitute our life. Children's toys, books, photographs, portraits and clothing usually take on special significance and play a very important role during the individual's formation.