Happy New Year!The Moscow Kremlin Museums wish you a Happy New Year and invites you to discover our new exhibitions 2019!
Dear visitors, please be informedThe tickets to The Moscow Kremlin Museums are available online at the museums' official website http://tickets.kreml.ru/en/ and at the official ticket office at the Alexandrovsky Sad (Alexander Garden). The Moscow Kremlin Museums do not guarantee you admission with tickets purchased at nonofficial websites.
Some notes on visiting the Armoury Chamber and Cathedral SquareThe number of daily visitors to the Armoury Chamber is limited due to the capacity of the museum. Admission to the architectural complex of the Cathedral Square for tourist groups is also regulated acc to the schedule. The Museums do not guarantee admission for the visitors late for the session.
- THEMATIC TOUR 'ANCIENT KREMLIN AND SACRED MONASTERIES'The route of the tour goes through the New Kremlin Square, where the centre of the religious life of Muscovyâ€”the Chudov and the Ascension Monasteries were found in the 14th century. Later there appeared a residence of Russian Emperorsâ€”the Small Nicholasâ€™ Palace. The architectural ensembles were demolished during the Soviet period and now remain only on the old plans of the Kremlin, engravings, watercolour paintings and photographs. Recent archaeological research made a significant contribution to the study of the lost monuments. Two-meter open pits behind the showcases allow visitors to see the results of grand-scale archaeological excavations, i.e. fragments of demolished building bases, paving of the 16th century and the tombstones of the 17th century. There is also see a visual backdrop recreating the appearance of the Moscow Kremlin of the past.
- PATRIARCH'S PALACE AND THE TWELVE APOSTLES' CHURCHOne of the best monuments of Moscow civil architecture of the mid-17th century. Nowadays, the Cross Chamber, the Front Anteroom, the refectory and the Twelve Apostles' Church house the exposition exploring the history and peculiarities of Russian culture through the 17th century.
- MUSEUM OF HISTORY OF THE KREMLIN ARCHITECTURAL ENSEMBLE IN THE 'IVAN THE GREAT' BELL TOWER"He who has never climbed to the top of Ivan the Great, who has never had an opportunity to take in the whole of the ancient capital at one glance from end to end, who has never admired that majestic panorama, stretching almost beyond that range of vision, knows absolutely nothing about Moscowâ€¦" Mikhail Lermontov
- 'TREASURES AND ANTIQUITIES OF THE MOSCOW KREMLIN' EXPOSITIONThe exposition arranged in the basement of the cathedral comprises monuments and artefacts found during archeological excavations and scientific researches on the Moscow Kremlin territory as well as those related to the history of the development of the Russian Tsars' treasure houses or derived from the collections and treasures of Russian noble people, high ranking officials and ancient monasteries.
- 'THE ASCENSION CONVENT IN THE MOSCOW KREMLIN' EXPOSITIONThe exposition in the South annex of the Archangel Cathedral is devoted to one of the most ancient monasteries of Moscow - the Ascension Convent, highly esteemed in Russia, founded by Grand Princess Eudokia, the wife of Grand Prince Dmitry Donskoy.
- EXPOSITION OF RUSSIAN WOODEN SCULPTURE AND CARVINGSExposition in the northern cloister of the church displays the collection of Russian wooden sculpture and carvings of the Moscow Kremlin Museums. Monumental iconic sculptures, carved icons, small crosses and folding icons give an idea of the development of church art in the 15th-19th centuries. The basis of the collection is pieces of art historically related to the Kremlin, its churches and monasteries. Most of them date back to the 17th century, the prosperity of the Armoury Chamber, which had become the biggest art centre of Russia by that time. The display presents works of different types made in such cultural centres as Moscow, Novgorod, Rostov Velikiy and the monasteries of the Russian North.
Tickets and admissionThe Moscow Kremlin State Historical and Cultural Museum and Heritage Site incorporates the Armoury Chamber, monuments of the architectural ensemble of the Cathedral Square, including the Assumption, Archangel and Annunciation cathedrals, the Church of Laying Our Lady's Holy Robe, the Patriarch's Palace with the Twelve Apostles' Church and the 'Ivan the Great' Bell Tower complex, as well as exhibition halls in the Assumption Belfry and Patriarch's Palace.
Excursions in the Moscow Kremlin MuseumsThe Moscow Kremlin Museums offer guided tours to get acquainted with the Kremlin, its museums, history and museum collections. They present general information about the architectural ensemble of the Kremlin, the treasures of the world-famous Armoury Chamber, ancient Kremlinâ€™s cathedrals and the historical necropolis, wall-painting, collections of old-Russian icons and the Museum of Applied Art and Life Style of the 17th century Russia in the halls of the Patriarch's Palace.
Left luggage facilitiesThe baggage storage service is provided for guests of the Moscow Kremlin after presentation of the entrance tickets (or an invitation card) to the Armoury Chamber and other museums of the Moscow Kremlin State Historical and Cultural Museum and Heritage Site, as well as to the Grand Kremlin Palace, exposition of the State Diamond Fund, theatrical performances and other shows, carried out in the State Kremlin Palace, and religious events, celebrated in the Kremlin cathedrals.
THE FOURTH INTERNATIONAL MUSICAL FESTIVAL "AMBASSADORIAL GIFTS". RAFFINATA E BELLA. MUSICAL JEWELS OF ITALY.Traditional musical festival "Ambassadorial Gifts" will run in the Moscow Kremlin Museums from 16th to 27th of November 2018 (established in 2014). This time we turn to an abundant and stylistically diversified Italian music covering the period of the 17th century when violin became the leading music instrument, the baroque epoch with its great Italian opera, as well as the time of fascinating melodies of the 20th-century Italian cinema.
Concerts dedicated to the 'Saint Louis and Relics of the Saint-Chapelle' exhibitionUnique concerts dedicated to the exhibition project `Saint Louis and Relics of the Saint-Chapelle` will take place on 4th and 21st of April 2017 at the Assumption Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin.
THE THIRD INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL "AMBASSADORIAL GIFTS"10, 14, 20 and 24 October 2016. The Music Festival is dedicated to the museum`s exhibition project "Elegance and Splendour of Art Deco. The Kyoto Costume Institute, Jewelry Houses Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels". The festival program includes four concerts, each one is an exclusive project: "Sergey Diaghilev`s Worlds. Les Saisons Russes", "Avant-garde Composer Igor Stravinsky", "Jazz Age. United States' Music of 1920s" and "Musical Europe of Art Deco Epoch".
The Second International Music Festival "Ambassadorial Gifts"The Moscow Kremlin Museums present The Second International Music Festival as a part of the intercultural project "Ambassadorial Gifts", dedicated to the large-scale exhibition "Boris Godunov. From a Courtier to the Sovereign of All Russia".
Music festival dedicated to the 600th anniversary of Aristotele FioravantiThe new music project of the Moscow Kremlin Museums is aimed at paying the tribute to the great architect of the Renaissance epoch Aristotele Fioravanti. The festival program reflects music tendencies of the XVth â€“XVIth centuries, as well as comprises church and secular music created by Russian and European composers of the XVIIIth â€“ XIXth centuries.
Music festival Â«Ambassadorial GiftsÂ» in The Moscow Kremlin MuseumsMusic festival Â«Ambassadorial GiftsÂ» is held in The Moscow Kremlin Museums in the period from September, 24th to November, 11th within a cross-cultural collaborative programme to mark the Year of British culture in Russia. Famous musicians from Great Britain and Russian Federation will perform remarkable Russian and English pieces of music to present their own vision of musical traditions of both countries.
Accessibility and service for visitors with physical disabilities and health limitations at the Moscow KremlinInformation on accessibility and service for visitors with physical disabilities and health limitations at the Moscow Kremlin Museums.
Plan of the Kremlin
- The Church of Our Lady`s Nativity on Anteroom
- The Amusement Palace
- The Terem Palace
- The State Kremlin Palace
- The Arsenal
- The Senate Palace
- The building was demolished in 2016
- The Archangel Cathedral
- The Annunciation Cathedral
- The Church of the Deposition of the Virgin's Robe
- The Faceted Chamber
- The Grand Kremlin Palace
- The Armoury Chamber
- The Patriarch's Palace and the Twelve Apostles Church
- The Ivan the Great Bell-Tower complex
- The Assumption Cathedral
- The Secret (Tainitskaya) Tower
- The Beklemishevskaya Tower
- The Water Supplying (Vodovzvodnaya) Tower
- The Annunciation (Blagoveschenskaya) Tower
- The Peter (Petrovskaya) Tower
- The 1st Nameless (Bezymyannaya) Tower
- The 2nd Nameless (Bezymyznnaya) Tower
- The Borovitskaya Tower
- The Sts. Constantine and Helen Tower
- The Saviour (Spasskaya) Tower
- The St. Nicholas (Nikolskaya) Tower
- The Corner Arsenal (Uglovaya Arsenalnaya) Tower
- The Senate (Senatskaya) Tower
- The Alarm (Nabatnaya) Tower
- The Middle Arsenal (Sredniya Arsenalnaya) Tower
- The Ð¡ommandant (Komendantskaya) Tower
- The Armoury (Oruzheinaya) Tower
- The Trinity (Troitskaya) Tower
- The Kutafiya Tower
- The Tsar's (Tsarskaya) Tower
- Tsar Bell
- Tsar Cannon
- Museum information desk, ticket and excursion offices
- Museum shop
- Archeological pits